Troy Waymaster is a native Kansan and is proud to call Central and Western Kansas his home. He was born in Russell, Kansas and has lived in Russell County most of his life. He credits his determination and strong work ethic to his days spent working with his father and uncle on the family farm south of Bunker Hill where he continues to be active in the farming operation today. He has developed a strong sense of pride for and service to his community and country through the examples set by his grandfather in World War II and his father in Vietnam.
In 2007, he joined the boards of the Russell Area Chamber of Commerce and Russell Main Street, Inc. He went on to serve as the Secretary/Treasurer of the Russell Area Chamber of Commerce and is a two-time past President of Russell Main Street, Inc.
At the age of eight, he began working on his family’s farm with his father and uncle and continues to work with them to this day. For a little over 12 years he was also employed as an Account Manager and Loan Analyst with Chrysler Financial, LLC, and worked at UMB Bank as Assistant Vice President and Banking Center Manager, but his heart always drew him back to his farming roots where he works today.
Troy attended the University of Kansas and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science. Years after his graduation, when he saw a failure of leadership in the Kansas legislature, Troy ran for, and won, a seat in the Kansas House of Representatives. Beginning in 2017, Troy became Chairman of the Appropriations Committee where he serves as a fiscal watchdog over taxpayer dollars.
In 2017, Troy married his sweetheart, Crystal, and they just recently celebrated the first birthday of their son, Christian.
- Stand with President Trump to protect our southern border by building the wall now.
- Stop the out of control socialists leading the House and fight their efforts to raise taxes on small-businesses and bankrupt Kansas farmers.
- Eliminate wasteful government programs and agencies and rein in spending so future generations aren’t crushed by our mounting debt.
- Work to bring broadband to our rural communities, fight for rural hospitals, and support Kansas farmers and landowners.
- Protect our Kansas values by fighting for the unborn, our 2nd Amendment rights, and Christian values.